Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July

I've designed many bears over the years, but my favorites are still USS TEDDY and his First Mate. They will always remind me of my early years traveling to the many ports that the US Navy sent my parents and me. My Dad and Mother are now both buried in Arlington National Cemetery where they will forever be a reminder of their patriotism to out country. Today, I would like to share with you part of an email that I received from one of my best friends from high school. (Norview High School, Class of 1956) Helen Heath Allsbrook writes: "Isn't it wonderful that we have the privilege of living in America where we can enjoy all the blessings living in freedom brings to us. Happy Independence Day. Have a happy and safe July 4th. Gob Bless America. Thanks to our troops, past and present and their families." Helen's words reflect my feelings, as well.

No comments: